Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is what im wanting to do. i want to put my stock radio back in my car so i can use the controls on the wheel but i want to keep my aftermarket sub... i know their is a devise that i can use to wire in to the radio to hook up the rca cables and the power wire for the amp and i have one but it didn't work so i need to know where to get a new one and if any one else has done this? thanks. any one that helps i will give rep points to.

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a quick side note, you know there is hardware available to let you wire up a lot of aftermarket HUs to steering wheel controls ...
yea but it is 75+ and i don't have that kind of money at this time... and i want my stock radio back in to keep people from wanting to brake into my car again....

·
Registered
433 Posts
You need a line output converter (LOC). Crutchfield has this one. Walmart also sells it. This one will work fine for just running a sub. Get your amp on using a wire tap off the stock harness of the stereo. This is what I did on mine for almost two years till stock head unit died. This is not the best unit as far as sound quality. It will work fine for a sub, but if you want to add speakers, then I would get a nicer unit, or just get steering wheel controls for you aftermarket.

Reactions: blackoutSVT

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh one more thing can u hook a i-pod up to the stock svt radio?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't believe there is a direct input for plugging it in. You can look at a Harmon Kardon I Drive. It goes inline with your antenna. Works better than a normal FM transmitter and looks cool.

·
Registered
433 Posts
O and thank you for the rep!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Is there a way I can tap the LOC and an amp switch into the factory sub wires?

and while I'm here how do you think a fosgate p3001 and a Premier shallow 8 will sound in the stock box?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts