Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 4dr SE...

Someone told me that I could get a set of rims larger than the standard 14" on my car and that would give the lowering look to it. I am wondering how large of a rim size that I can get away with on my car. Also, maybe a little advice on a good place to get rims from. Could I get away with 17"??? [???:)]

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well if you wanted to you could get away with 19's, but if your car was completely stock it would look like a retarded suv. Now 17's you could possibly pull off without lowering it at all but I would anyway becuz it just looks better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it give the lowered look?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any suggestions on where I can get rims, or good places to buy from?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
to be honest with you, typically, when you put a larger wheel/tire combo on your car without lowering it, it actually looks like you are sitting HIGHER than before, because you see less tire, and more wheel. which makes the wheel wells look HUGE. it's all about perception. getting a set of aftermarket wheels won't *actually* lower your car. to some, makes it look lower. to most, makes it look higher.

to answer your question though, yes, you can fit 17's. i have 18's on my sedan. and i've seen 19's done as well. just need to watch out for offset/width to keep from rubbing. a 17x7.5 wheel with 42mm offset will be perfect. i've got 18x7.5 with 40mm, and get some rubbing under hard cornering.

any questions, hit me up with a pm. [:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts