Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My focus has almost 125k on it and here recently the temp gauge has been staying a little past the half way mark. It's never ran that warm before so I'm thinking it's a thermostat issue but I'm not for sure because it will just stay there and never get any hotter. I've checked the water pump and it seems to be fine and there isn't any leaks. So I'm kinda lost on what my problem may be. If anyone had any ideas that may help that would be awesome because I'm kinda stumped. Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
assumptions:
car--2014 focus se hatch
loc--bates city, mo

it could be a thermostat but with how cold its been lately (im directly east of you) i doubt its failed open or it would more than likely read less than half temp. if its hanging around the halfway, although a bit high, i would keep an eye on it if you think there may be an issue

something else to think about, the active grill shutters (if equipped - read it was an option) may be stuck closed blocking most of the air to the radiator, it may cause it to run hotter than normal but not overheat

the only way i can think of to check them is with a scan tool

should be open when parked, they stay open until ~30 mph, and stay full open with ac running

3 ways to check them, 2 need a scan tool
  1. they can be seen when you look through the front, they should be open at that time, if closed there is a problem, maybe dirt, some gentle manual manipulation should be enough to free them
  2. a scan tool that can read codes from the BCM will read a code if there is a problem detected
  3. using a scan tool and forscan, the shutters can be manually actuated via the control window of the data stream section

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check the grill shuddered tomorrow. My AC doesn't work right now so I unplugged the compressor clutch until I'm able to shop it to have the AC fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts