Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
Ive been hanging around here a while now and have learned a great deal of stuff by just reading posts.Anyway...i have a problem with my car,i bought my Focus last year and im very hapy with it and by the way this is my second Focus now.The first one i owned was a disaster and i experienced all sort of problems including the fuel pump problem and when to hell and back while i owned that car.Anyway the car i own now is a 2001 Silver Focus ZTS with a Zetec engine,Automatic Transmision and when purchased it was around 40.000 kilometars on the odometar.Now it has like a little over 50.000.Just recently like couple of weeks i got a CEL light on my dash but the car is driving the same as it did before.And i hate taking my car to my local dealer where i bought the car from cause they have been jerking me around in the past.There is no autozone stores out here in Kelowna,Canada so i had to go to a mechanic shop and they wanted to charge me lots of Dough just to pull the code.I said forget this and went and bought a $150.00 ODBII scaner.
So i hook up the thing on my car and and managed to get a P0401 and P0402 codes.
And i loked up the codes in my booklet that came with the scaner and it says this:

P0401-Exhaust Gass Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected

P0402-Exhaust Gass Recirculation Flow Excessive Detected.

So thats my question...what the hell this means and what should i do to get fixed and can i fix this my self.I also erased the CEL but after a while it came back so i know there is definetely a problem.
By the way im originaly from New York and only moved out here 4 years ago...and i miss New York Badly :(
Thank you in advance to any replyes .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW lildisco thanx for the great info u posted .It will help a great deal for sure.By the way does anyone know how much will this problem set me back,can i just repear this my self or do i have to take it to a profesional.
Cheers everyone,this forum rocks.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I wouldn't imagine that it'd be too expensive, probally $100 or so, some sensors can be expensive. To get a new one, i would recommend talking to Steve at SVTSalvage.com. I got a part from him that cost $70 from the dealership with my 'ford employee discount' but he got it to me fore $50 shipped. Awesome guy to work with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok,thamx for all the help guys.I checked My local Auto parts store here (Napa) and they said it will cost $40-45 so thats not to bad.Ill try to install this my self if i can.
Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.