Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Focus ZX3 has been giving me fits with rough idle, hesitation and now surging.

To date, MAF has been replaced, PCV hose replaced, Replaced fuel filter, front o2 sensor replaced (Bosch - not sure that was an ideal choice), disconnected battery, etc. Also ran Seafoam to clean the injectors if that was issue.

Currently showing P0171. Most of the time, running fine, but started surging while driving.

Only thing I can see that I have not tried is replacing the PCV valve itself. Having read around the boards, should be pretty easy.

Any other guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05 ZX3, sounds like a similar problem. Have changed the fuel filter and techron fuel system cleaner, idle running low (800). Originally was stumbling and then stall when going from cruise to idle, always would restart without a problem. Any thoughts?? MIL is on of course and a P0171 code.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I have an 05 ZX3,...
Please note OP was a Zetec engine with coil pack; while yours is a Duratec with coil-on-plug (COP's).

First step might be check or replace spark plugs. Use Autolite 103, set gaps to .050-.055

1 - 5 of 5 Posts