Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an sap front bumper for 230 shipped it's scuffed a little but it'll need painted anyway.. I'll post some pics but I'm curious if the front bumper will be lined up with the factory mounts from the base se model bumper without fogs. The sap is from an 06 hatch blue going on my liquid gray sedan se. Any and all help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Since I haven't seen any exact answers from someone who's done it, I'll add a comment.

Looks like it's coming off a part out, so I'd get ALL the pieces you can like fog inserts, grille & undertray.

The body doesn't change, so it'll bolt on, but all the accessory pieces that fit it will be different.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Roger pretty much summed it up^^^^^ Remove the cover & make sure to grab a few bolts & clips also. When you get it, easy to remove the foglites & marker lights & have a body shop repair if needed & paint it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Probably a good 4.0 hrs of repair work on that scraped up lip plus refinish time. I'd figure $400-$500 to get it ready to install on your car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys I'm getting a quote from a local shop to see the total price. If I do get it I want everything done repair wise. I've taken my front cover off so I'll just make sure I take everything when I go in to pull it off. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Call Hunter Auto body for a quote

·
Registered
645 Posts
Agreed with David. I paid $600 to repair and paint mine

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Is the scuffing like that only on the corners? I would ask them for more pictures of it off the vehicle. From the damage I see, it would seem that there would be more damage on the backside of the bumper as well. Probably some of the fastening points were stretched or broken. Most of these guys are right that it would be about 4+ hours of labor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just sent him another message about it hopefully he gets back to me soon.. I'm sure I can get one in decent shape primed and painted for around 400.. it's just so hard to find these anymore...

·
Registered
645 Posts
$400? Not anymore. If you can find one in great shape, primed and painted to match for $400......BUY IT! And buy backup parts when you can. I have a complete backup bumper minus the bumper. Those parts are impossible to find otherwise. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
this ^

you can find sap bumpers for around 400 bucks here and there.. but... they will not have the fogs, inserts etc... which then puts you way up there..

i would buy it.. and even if you cant fix it at the time.. hold on to it until you can.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice find man. I just bought it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts