Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my svt project car was sitting for a few years with no battery before I got it. i rebuilt the car ground up with new ford parts. Just wondering a few things.

Radio doesnt work at all. Is it coded? As in do I need to go to the dealer to have them recode it to operate?

Traction control light stays on. Where do I start?

Airbag was deployed in the driver seat from previous owner pulling the interior and being a retard....somehow activated it. Do I just need to replace the airbag that was blown and clear the BCM? Or do I need to replace the airbag brain?

Anyone know where I can find a pigtail for the alternator? the purple wire got ripped out of the original during all the madness.

theres more but I forget at the moment.

help me if you can please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
As to the airbag, you should only have to replace the airbag and probably the clockspring in the steering wheel. The airbag system constantly runs self diagnostics to make sure the system is okay and once the faults are repaired you should stop seeing the airbag light.

It's not that easy to get an airbag to deploy, he must have been doing something truly stupid.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The radio might be the fuse I would start there. The plug on the alternator you can buy a new one from either cfm or fswerk I can't remember which one has it I'll try and get you a link

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome so far!!! thanks guys.

the airbag that deployed is in the side bolster of the driver seat not the steering wheel. same difference though im sure. thanks for your input.

also there is one last pigtail coming off the harness by where the original intake was. I'll take a pic cause its hard to describe with a keyboard. I'll post it later...but I have no idea where it plugged into. all the sensors have been connected. this may be for an option my car doesnt have. not sure.

I think its time to bring the car back home from the shop. i 86'd the straight pipe in the exhaust for a flowmaster when I realized how loud it was during first startup. Sounds mint lol .....at least better than no muffler anyways.

more to come

·
Registered
106 Posts
if any airbag deployed you need a new restraint control module (RCM) since they are essentially a one-time use blackbox. you may also have to replace your seatbelt tensioner, but if the belt retracts properly and the passenger buckle isn't all crammed up then they're probably fine. sometimes they fire when an airbag deploys but it sound like this deployment was a short or something...give steve @ tousley ford a call, he got me an RCM back in the day for $100 less than my local dealer.

traction control problems are most often ABS sensors. the wires are ultra-fragile, i've heard of people damaging them during front end service, brake jobs, even rotating tires somehow. but i'd start there. the front ones are most suspect.

the radio is probably a fuse. have you checked the voltages of the wiring to make sure it isn't a bad head unit?

good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
The radios are coded to that little stick thing that pops out at the top of the headunit. As long as you have that, then it's likely just a fuse issue.

If you're missing the security stick, the headunit won't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts