Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a year ago I purchased my 2005 zx4 with 87,000 miles on it. It now has 107,000 on it. This car has ran flawlessly till now. Now it seems extremely Sluggish, at first I thought it was condensation in my fuel or a bad fuel delivery system, so I addressed that. Problem remains and hasn't changed.
Could it be a faulty catalytic converter?
I need to diagnose this problem correctly before sinking any more unnecessary money into my focus. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,665 Posts
No one here can tell you whats wrong , they will throw out a lit of different ideas that will be guesses and costly to rule them all out

Find a way to find the problem , datalog your ECU and see where the problem is the best way , if you know anyone with a SCT XCAL I will be glad to look over the log

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one here can tell you whats wrong , they will throw out a lit of different ideas that will be guesses and costly to rule them all out

Find a way to find the problem , datalog your ECU and see where the problem is the best way , if you know anyone with a SCT XCAL I will be glad to look over the log

Tom
Thank you. I was hoping someone incurred a similar or the same problem. Worth a try I guess. Thank you though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have over 222k on my 2000. I replaced my coil doon after i bought it, it seemed to always have a rocking idle, then just last week i pulled out into traffic, and bam, list a cylinder. I put in a new coil, and the bad idle, as well as my missing cylinder, and more power came back. I guess the other one has been faulty fir a whi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts