Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Compared to the Focus the Mustang dont really lack that much room.
My brother has a mustang gt trust me the focus has A LOT more room in its back seats then the mustang.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well just got back from the dealer and the car is almost 2 quarts low on oil and it seems that a oil plug was blown, one that is the size of an eraser located toward the top on the front of the block. Theory is that it was under pressure, why they have no idea. What concerns them is the fact that is was under pressure and that is blew off at a low rpm range according to a code given during a diagnostic check. I dont really know what this means, but it looks like they want to replace this little plug and see what happens from there. Our tech made a comment concerning the fact that this may or may not be the beginning of internal problems. Only time will tell.

Funny thing is that the dealer still wants to work out something with us, due to the long service history with our car. Poor things rap sheet is long, I did not even realize how much its been in the shop.

Insurance is $80.00 more than what we pay on the Focus for the Mustang GT, they do not have another SVTF ZX5, only a ZX3. I've thought about a SUV, yes I said SUV. Dont flame me yet because I know in the Future I would not be happy with it. It would not take long for the SUV to get old quick with me. I have thought about another Focus, but after driving the SVTF, I dont know if I would be happy with a regular non SVTF.

Heck, I really dont see why I just dont let them fix my SVTF again and just go with it. I want to do that, may do that. But my husband is right, what more lies ahead for us in the future concerning this car? I dont know what we are going to do as of yet, we asked them to let us think about some things and we would get back with the dealer in the morn. In the mean time, they have order the plug and we are driving a nice little Focus Sedan with only 280 miles on her.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and help, again I really do appreciate it, this means a lot to me. You all are the best, and I truly mean that. [:)]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Please take this advice, they want nothing more than for you to take a chance on your car.

It could have serious problems, which may not show up till after mister warranty is over.

Find a dealer with the car you want and have them do an inter-dealer purchase. This is common, I have done it before.

A GT will not be a good choice over the SVTF, for reasons I stated already.

DO not let them try and sell you on the fact that your car is fine, it may already be damaged.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You are right Focaltech, my husband feels the same way as you. I think the dealer is aware of the fact that this is only the top of the cake concerning our car. Why else would they be so willing to want and work something out with us? They are very much aware that this is the last straw concerning our car. My husband made that statement quite clear yesterday.

Thanks for the really great advice Focaltech and not to leave anyone out, you all have given me great advice. I know I've said this a great number of times, but I cannot stress enough how much I really do appreciate all that you all have done. [:)]

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
I'll agree with the above. I would get another zx5 from another lot through this dealer, and they can do that. Or another option is to put a complete NEW motor in your svt. That plug came out for a reason, and focal is right about the warranty issue

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Yea a new motor would be good. Didn't think of that.

If you go that route, let me know and I will show you how to mark your engine, so if they try to scam you by not replacing the motor you can catch them. Just to be safe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would have to agree with focaltech and viney. There are lemons of all makes and models, too bad you got one, but it happens. Don't judge the whole bushel for the sake of one bad apple. You really sound like you want to stay with the SVTF, I can read between the lines. lol Have the dealer do a trade, it's done all the time. It sounds like they are going to do whatever it takes to make you happy. Ford likes happy customers. Either way, do not leave the forum, it would not be the same without your insight, and common sense. My 2 cents for what it's worth.
bfocused

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
DO NOT KEEP THAT CAR.

And if insurance is only $80 more, get the stang. I would ghost ride my Focus off a cliff in a heartbeat for a Stang GT.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That was good advice viney266, focaltech, and bfocused! That is one of the reasons I like this site. I'm still new, but I would also hate to see you leave the forum R&DSVTZX5!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
They are going to run a Compression Test after the plug thing is fixed and see where we stand after that. They are pretty positive that the Compression will turn out fine. I dont believe we are looking at a new motor, they done said the plug thing is fixable. Now if this is the start of something more serious, then I guess they will talk new motor. I dont know, who knows. Either way my husband has done come to the conclusion that we most likely will not keep this car. We'll see, I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again you guys this site is the best with you all. [:)]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well here be my update. I'm keeping my SVTF, I know it is not at top rate. I'm not changing my driving habits and if the motor dies, then give me a new one. Done put my foot down and told my hubby this. Well he said is that what you want? Yes I said.

Kick me, flame me, shoot me. I love my car and even with all the problems, my focus rocks. I will not be happy with anything else (Ford wise) other than a Ford Focus. [;)]

*Edit note* I dont want any of you to think this is based upon a dealer influence. Its not, they have really gone out of their way to make us happy. I just dont want what they have to offer, I want my SVTF.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
As much as I am glad you get to keep your car, I think its a very bad move not to get a new engine.

Things do not belong bursting out of engines. When they do there is a problem.

Tell me from the repair order what exactly they are doing to fix it and what it is that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
When I get the repair order, I'll post whatever it is that you need. I dont have anything from them as of yet, paper wise, unless you count the service sign in sheet. All it states is leaking oil. They are looking at Monday to get my car back to me, I hope. You know how long it takes for Ford to fix things, well at my dealer they are slow anyways.

If I'm supposed to have a repair order, I dont. I've never received anything except the paper work after the repair is fixed. If I'm missing something tell me, I'll go and request it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts