Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know this should be posted in SVT, but I really would like everyone's opinion on this.

Some of you already know that my SVTF has had well a lot of service time. Today we decided to get out go to Walmart, needed a few thing. You all know how that goes. I've been sick and since school did not start back till today the SVTF has not be driven in like 4 days. This morning was the usual grind, it was cold so we crank her up let it warm a little, then took our daughter to school. No problems, none.

This afternoon same thing, crank her up let it warm a little, load up to go out. Everything is fine, about a block down the road I look in my rear view mirror. Hmmmm, that looks like smoke coming out from under our car. So okay I'm like "Hun, is that just me or is that smoke, a lot of smoke coming from our car?" Hubby looks and yell's pull over, okay off the road I go once we stop, we get smoked right out of our car. It just pours in from everywhere.

*Cough* *Cough* *Gag* Pull the hood up and once the smoke clears, we notice oil everywhere, running down from the front of the block. Running all down the front, right on the header and down to a puddle under the car. Well call dealer, they call tow truck. Get to dealer, Hubby is very, very upset and very angry at this time.

Long story short, Hubby is giving the car back to Ford, Lemon Law and done been exceded with the amount of shop time we have had. Our dealer is wanting to work out something with us, looking at finding a way to get us into something else. We are looking at a Mustang GT, I picked out the one I wanted and they are going to call us in the morning. Dont know what is wrong with the SVTF, but it dont look so good, according to them. I dont even know what has happen, I got no warning, no CEL, no oil pressure is low light.....Nothing.

This is where I'm asking you all, what do you think happen, should I get something else? I love my SVTF, but I really would like something that was not in the shop all the time. I just dont know what to do. What would you do if this was your car?

I mean my hubby is like anyone else would have done gave the car back. What do you all think?

Sorry this post is sooo long, I just wanted to get it off my chest and ask for some advice and help. If I get a stang will I have to leave the FF Forums? [:(]

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
damn that sucks ass...I'm sorry...I'd get another svtf...I mean if you want a diff style go for the stang but if you like the focus stick with it...it is a lemon, not all are lemons :) just get what you want :)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Even if you get a stang you don't have to leave...Liquid went and bought that evil Cavy and she's still here.

Besides, a Stang GT is a much sweeter ride.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I'd go with the mustang on this one, its a faster car and can easily be A LOT faster than the focus ever could be with the zetec. But if youve got a kid(s) I dont think it would be the best choice cuz theres almost no room in the backseat.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for replying, I really do mean that. The dealer did not have another SVTF ZX5, my hubby has a sour taste concerning one anyway. So I dont think another Focus is in the picture. I really like the Mustang and with the New one coming out they are really wanting to make a deal on the left over 03's. I picked out a Black, manual, leather and all the works.

Getting the kids in and out, well I'm used to that, nothing new or old to that. Compared to the Focus the Mustang dont really lack that much room. I just dont know what to do, I'll know more tommorrow, I'll let you all know what kind of deal they work out and what is wrong with my beloved SVTF.

Thanks again for the support and help, you all are the best.. [:)]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Huh, that sucks. Maybe the valve/cam cover worked it's way loose? But yeah, if you drove it too long without oil (or without much oil, anyway), that's not good. Just a thought, but if your husband is soured on the Focus, why even get another Ford? Maybe it's time to cut your losses and move to something else entirely. If you get a Mustang I hope it lasts longer than your Focus...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I dont think it would be fair to punish all the Fords for my problems with our SVTF. The Dealer is really trying to work something out other than us going through Arbitration, or the Dispute Settlement Board. Its really going to depend upon what happens and what kind of deal they come up with. If I did want something else, I dont even know what I'll look at.

SVT4ME you may just be right, my husband is very, very upset and has a real sour attitude right now concerning Ford. But he is willing to hear them out and see what is offered. This is like the straw that broke the camels back if you know what I mean. I dont know how this is going to turn out.

Thanks HotFocus, that means a lot to me. Also Thanks again you all for the advice, I really so need it right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
R&DSVTZX5-
I haven't been here but a week, but it seems that you genuinely love your car, and I'm sorry you got a lemon. I've had one and it sucks. Hope you enjoy whatever it is that you end up getting.[:D]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Aww Donille, I'm sorry, you must be so frustrated! I think the Mustang deal would be pretty sweet since your dealer (at least) seems willing to please to keep you around and happy- that's a sure good thing! But I would be concerned in the long run for your kiddos and your sanity in the Stang, unless your hubby drives something more family-friendly for longer trips? If that's the case- go for it girl!! But either way, don't leave the forums, we like ya here! [:)]

Good luck and keep us posted on how the negotiations go.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Amanda. [:D]

Well been doing some talking with my hubby, if things are not as bad as they seem with our SVTF, we'll just take the repairs and keep her. I really love my SVTF and my hubby knows this, so because he loves me so much, if things are not as bad as we hope they arent I can keep her. I hope things work out, its not a bad car, even with the shop time I still love it.

Even if things are bad and we get a really good offer for the Stang, I'll miss my SVTF, it has been by far my fav. I'll know more tommorrow, thanks again for the support guys and gals, I really do appreciate it all. [:)]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Listen, here is what you should do.

First lemon out that car, get another new SVTF. There is a bad apple in every bunch, maybe your SVTF justs needs to be put down.

Now, do not get a mustang. You have a family right? Ok, the ride isn't intended for a family per se. Your insurance will go up, gas consuption will go up also. Trust me, I have been dealing with stangs since I was 15, stick with your SVTF you will be much happier.

Who knows now you have the option to get another focus maybe get a different color or different options, the skies the limit but the point is, you know more now than you did back when you got your car. Its a chance to start over, I would take it.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I know it's hard having just had the problems you had with your Focus but I agree with focaltech......I would get another SVTF. Right now you have probably the best leverage with your dealer that anyone would ever have, I'm sure you could use it to get a great deal on another Focus. If not the Focus I would probably look at something other than a Mustang at this point, they are great cars but as focaltech indicated might not be the best bet at this time for multiple reasons. Good luck

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow that just plain sucks!!!!!! I would give some advice, but I'm not sure what I would do if I was in your shoes. I hope everything works out!!!!

·
Registered
25,618 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'll agree with focal completely on this one. Get another zx5 if at all possible. Many people have had good luck with there cars and that is why lemon laws exist. There are lemons every now and then. I really like the zx5 and his points about the stang are well thought out. I also own a mustang and have two kids, the stang is NOT a daily driver, believe me getting little ones in and out. gets to be a real drag. I like my mustang, and for a fast car it is nice that it has a back seat ( my old porsche is a two seater). The kids can come along to the places we drive the mustang, but for everyday those rear s doors are nice. And also the gas milage issue
Hey, get another zx5 non svt and get a stang and go nuts with the stang and leave the zx5 stock...Good luck either way you go let us know.

P.S. Yes, please stay here even if you get rid of the svt

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
I'm sorry about your bad luck Donille!! Whatever you get make sure you stay here!! We'll miss you terribly if you leave!! :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts