Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be much easier if I had a camera...but anyways I have a white ford focus ZX3. I have clear corners on the front, black tinted windows front and back, a chrome hatch strip, a custom exhaust with a chrome tip and 17 inch dark chrome (some gunmetal in the middle) rims. Also have a black shortie antenna. My car came with black plastic handles, black plastic side trim and black plastic rearview mirrors. I've never liked the black trim because I think it looks cheap....

I plan on buying some nightshade to black out the tail lights, but I found out that VHT also sells "chrome plus epoxy plate finish". I am having trouble visualizing what my car would look like if it had chrome sideview mirrors, chrome side strips and chrome door handles and possibly chrome front grills. What do you guys think? I'll try and get a picture of my car put on here with my camera phone but it might look like crap...

I guess you could say my car's color theme is white, black and chrome. Mostly white...black second and the least amount would be chrome as of now.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Personally, I would do the door handles and mirrors and trim in white. I agree with you that the black looks a little bit cheap, but I don't like chrome. The mirrors don't bug me being black, but I really dislike the black door handles.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I'd say get white peices from Ford, or paint them yourself. Having a colormatched body would look great, and set you apart from other Foci, in a very subtle way. I HATE chrome. I'm the kind of guy who blacks out chrome trim. And actually, that might look interesting. Take all the flat black trim peices/chrome trim, and cover it with black gloss paint, then clearcoat it. That would look intersting.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I agree with you both. I think that white would look awesome if it were all colormatched. Maybe I would chrome the front grill so that the front grill and the back hatch piece were both chrome..that might look cool..on another note can you tint the headlights without losing light output??

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
That I doubt. 35% tint blocks 65% of light where 20% blocks 80% of light ect. Using this argument, I would say tinted headlights would block some output. You could always take apart the headlights and paint the insides of them black for a cool look though.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'm with the anti-chrome crew. Can you score the parts you need in white from a junk yard? Probably the easiest solution...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only problem is they don't make a white SVT...which I believe is the only ZX3 model that has colored trim...maybe i'm wrong. I know the ZX5 has colored trim but obviously that won't fit. Correct me if this is wrong!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I saw somewhere you can get body colored door handles from a mazda tribute or something. Maybe Mazda 3 door handle covers would fit. Trim, I have no idea about.

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea i dont like chrome either .... i would go with white body trim and even do white on the trim in the back .... same with the handles .... i cant see chrome on it ... but thats only my opinon ...

·
Registered
108 Posts
you can get colored trim on 05 and 06 ses models and maybe the se (not sure about the se), and i have been looking into the handles and if the mazda tribute comes in your color you can get those (check out the sticky that is 700 pages long) you could sand and paint the mirrors (plan on doin that to mine). and i agree with the other guys, just a little chrome on these cars is enough, color keying makes them look better in my opinion, chrome is for vehicles with real bumpers ie trucks and muscle cars

·
Registered
108 Posts
forgot to add this, you can also sand and paint your door handles and trim if that is the way you want to go

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's my car. I completely agree with you guys except for the rear hatch..I think the chrome strip accents the tailpipe nicely...but for the rest of the car..alllll white 'cept for the black windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
My personal thought would to would to be paint all the chrome and black trim white. That would look sick on that car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts