Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a 04 zx3 thats hitting about 150 on the meter and the roof flexes about 2 inches not sure how to go about suring it up without loosing the nice new suade headliner??two layers of dynomat extreme so it doesn't sing just flexes and i don't want the aftermarket sunroof to jump right out of there one day...any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NOONES got any ideas how to stop this??? oh yeah had the car hooked up to the termlab today and it's pushing 152.8db playing music!! didn't switch to the test tones due to timing.everyones got somthing else to do when it your stuff ya want to show off![:D]

·
Registered
94 Posts
turn it down[thumb]

·
Registered
226 Posts
i would like to see your set up hitting 150+db...that is overly insane. i would like to see a list of your installs and settings

·
Registered
369 Posts
theres really not much you can do, you can get a shop to weld iron or steel flat bars up there and put your nice head liner on that would sure it up pretty good.

jaxzx5: i know people hitting 150+ with 1 15 in alpine type R in a ported box. if you know what your doing its not overly hard to break 150

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah i realize that now...i did some research on that one cause it just seemed so wrong to someone who knows didaly squat about systems...i know 95db is loudest you can go exhaust and i have heard 95db on the dot...loud...150 just seemed wrong. but i saw someone pushing 158 or so out of a 12" alpine i believe. just amazed me

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would like to see your bassrace score

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
jaywiz said:
ok i got a 04 zx3 thats hitting about 150 on the meter and the roof flexes about 2 inches not sure how to go about suring it up without loosing the nice new suade headliner??two layers of dynomat extreme so it doesn't sing just flexes and i don't want the aftermarket sunroof to jump right out of there one day...any ideas?
WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hope you arent listening at that level.I could see that in a huge car but the Focus aint that big.Your within near 2 to 3 ft of any speaker. When the ears start bleeding its time to cut it down i guess lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the set up is two American Bass VFL 12s and a VFL 150.1 at 16volts pushing them they are in a 7.4cuft ported box tuned to 42 HZ and are sitting right behind the front seats pointing forward with the port pointing forward right where the factory center counsel would be.I don't have any pics of the dbdrag score.The subs are the compitition series that are built to my specs and the amp on the scope puts out 2785watts !I'll get pics of the system setup and all that this weekend.[thumb]
Oh yeah for those of you that were wondering no i don't listen to it that loud it never gets over10 on the volume knob when i'm in the car! So i can hear ya just fine!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooops typo in the last post tuned to 45hz had to recheck the bassbox pro!been awhile since the box was built.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is so much misinformation flying around this post. Its unreal. Breaking a 150 with a type r 12. LOL. Sure!!!!! Just for reference no matter how big a vehicle is a a 150 is the same output.

·
Registered
168 Posts
FocusdSound said:
Just for reference no matter how big a vehicle is a a 150 is the same output.
Yes, 150 dB is 150 dB, but how you obtain that level is definitely affected by the "size of the vehicle" (<- generalization, really the size of the interior space and characteristics of that vehicles interior, which definitely changes per car/size of car)

Also - the comment someone made about the alpine type 12 score was off topic.. and unrelated to the thread

On-topic:

There's not a good way to stop roof flex without removing the head liner and modifying the roof, which may cause the head liner to no longer fit appropriately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts