Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I changed my fuel filter and broke the clips on the connections on the fuel filter. I heard they were brittle but man they snapped easy

Where can I buy replacements? And how bad is it driving without those on?

·
Registered
17,179 Posts
You gotta be fuxxxng kidding.....................you can turn the car into a fireball doing that, high pressure FI man and if the end comes loose fuel sprays everywhere to possibly ignite. Quit driving that car NOW until you fix it. The line ends can pop right off easily with nothing in there to retain them.

You don't remove them anyway and how you broke them, they simply pop out about halfway and stop, the line comes off easily then.

ANY well-equipped parts store has them in stock.................

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha good to know, I'll take care of it tomorrow. And Ya the clips broke the second I started working with them

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine were so brittle they were already broken before I touched them. Dorman makes a little package that has two sizes in it. If you have trouble finding these, I do have the number written down. On my 2005, I press the clip to spread it and then pull off the line.

Toby

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine were so brittle they were already broken before I touched them. Dorman makes a little package that has two sizes in it. If you have trouble finding these, I do have the number written down. On my 2005, I press the clip to spread it and then pull off the line.

Toby
Hey so I went to the auto stores around here and bought clips that the guy said were the right ones but they didn't fit at all. Could you link me to those Dorman ones? Or send the part number?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts