Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used focus central race header that deletes the factory cat and bolts directly to the flex. I understand this will make my exhaust note a bit deeper, and louder for sure even with the stock system.

My issue is with aftermarket exhaust sound levels though. If I run a magnaflow or borla it will be ULTRA loud. I need a few exhaust systems that are quiet and perhaps built for a race header.

I've seriously looked into the FocusSport one, are there any others that pair well with the race header? 2.5" is ideal, but 2.25" is not much of an issue for me...

Thank you all

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
quietest exhaust i know is the focus sport stealth exhaust.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
magna will be way loud.

from what I hear fs stealth is the way to go.....or....in any after market exhaust get the magnaflow 28in (which ever their longest is) resonator and weld it into the long piece under the middle of the car after the flex. have not heard a focus with this extra long resonator on it, so I do not know how it sounds.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
stock that is what i run and i love it i can hear the cold air intake and it is a little louder but is not too loud

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock will be killing my flow. I'm decently modded as it sits and my engine needs to breathe better. Only thing is the FS exhaust is a pretty penny that I don't want to let go lol. I can find other systems around but they'll be way too loud

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
mbrp, magnaflow and borla will be loud as hell fs stealth is the only larger piping but quiet exhaust available at the time

·
Registered
146 Posts
i have an MBRP exhaust and it was pretty lound and now have also installed the focus sport intake also and now it is very loud but i like it so the steath exhaust i would say would be your best bet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have a magnaflow and its more quiet than the focussport stealth. just add a resonator!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm probably going to play with any system in order to get a tone I'm happy with, but something quiet to begin with will give me more time to do so

1 - 11 of 11 Posts