Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, I believe the steeda is a rebadged focuscentral tb. Just make sure the gasket seals, and the tps is in the right place. Also if the throttle plate sticks you can adjust that using the little screw on the side. But don't open it to much or your idle will be to high and you will get a cel because the ecu cannot control it.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
How did the install go? Hope you bought the correct one as there are TWO MODELS for the 2002 focus. The 2000-mid2002 and the mid2002-on one (Zetec)......

Anyway best of luck, make sure you do an ECU RESET (unplug the negative terminal) for 10-15 minutes to reset the computer so it can 'learn' about your new TB. If the idle is really hanging and won't come down, try flipping the TPS 180 degrees, that worked for me when I had this TB on my car......

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything went fine... except a piece of my TPS broke off so i had to go down to the ford dealer to get one!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks... i found that my throttle feels a lot looser now... before it was kinda stiff/ridgid... now its nice,,, anyone else get that?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yup they all have a way different pedal feel, looser for sure. You get used to it......

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
S2 said:
How did the install go? Hope you bought the correct one as there are TWO MODELS for the 2002 focus. The 2000-mid2002 and the mid2002-on one (Zetec)......

I believe you're thinking about the shifters. I have an 2002.5 Focus, Ford didn't change the TB untill 2003

My bad didn't realize its been over a month

·
Registered
545 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts