Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did this:

To reinstall the new file that you're sent as a "Custom Tune", do the following:

1: On the Predator go to "Options" then "Custom Tune", then select "Import Custom Tune". On the next prompt do NOT hit "Continue", yet.

2: Then in your Predator PC Interface (Xmodem) software on your PC, click "Send File", select the file that you saved that you wish to use, and click on "Open". A "File Transfer Status" dialog box will open up.

3: On your Predator hit "Continue" (Enter). This will start transferring the file.

Note: Remember, if you get time outs or if you aren't getting any communication, to please check your baud settings as you previous did when transferring the file from the Predator to the PC.

4: Install this tune into the pcm as your normally would.

Note: To erase any custom tune out of the Predator and go back to the previous included tuning that came with the Predator default, go to "Options, Custom Tune, Erase Custom Tune".

At step 2, a dialog box opened saying "The real file size could not be determined, please select the file type from the following list" so I pick SVT Focus (410k) and then I continue with the process. At the end it says "Dowload complete" but the Diablo displays (on screen) "Expected 419840, got 393248" and its not listing a CUSTOM TUNE.

If I go to the dialog box and type in the exact file size (393248) it causes a windows error and shuts the program down.

Whats wrong here? Why wont it load??

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

When I went to load the tune, it brought up the dialog box, so I went to where the file was saved, checked under properties, got the EXACT file size (419,970) and plugged that in....the program initialized, I selected 'continue' on the predator, crossed my fingers and waited. After it was done "Import OK" came on the screen, and I now see "Custom tune" in place of 'performance tune' on the main screen of the predator.

Mike, I guess you're right; I am a nerd!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...ok, well, almost...it did load but now Mike is having a PATS problem. All dashes on the odometer with the ignition on...

Lovely.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, he pulled them before....Im not sure if the ignition was turned on with the fuses out though...is the dealer + two keys the only way to fix it from this point??

·
FF Affiliate
30,874 Posts
There is 3 fuses that controle the PATS system you need to check them all , I have tuned/flashed the SVT over 3000 times now and never set the PATS doing it

Tom

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which fuses are they?

·
Registered
666 Posts
the reprograming the key's did not work it still won't crank im thinking something is wrong with the pat's any ideas

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, you were able to try and program the keys???

What about the ECU itself?? How do we know if its messed up? How likely is it?

The 'theft' light ont he dash does not blink as it normally would if you had an unprogrammed key (or remote start without PATS bypass)...it did however make a 'click.' one time while attempting to crank. Other than that, nothing.

What about a bad starter relay? Its getting voltage to and from the clutch pedal switch, so we know its at least going to the starter relay. If someone could pinpoint the starter realy or anything else you think it might be, my car runs fine, so I could swap parts to his to help get it at least running.

The fact that the odometer has no numbers is puzzling...WTF does that mean!?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
The car will attempt to start even with a non pats key in it, it will click once like you described above. We can assume from this that something got fubared in the pats system. If not it is electrical but simple tests would solve this. If you want an extra hand to help give me a call tommorrow after 10am on my cell phone 410-688-6268 I've played around with my electrical system alot before I got my xcal-2 and was able to create my own wicked 42mpg tune up with some simple stuff and with some equipment I got now I might be able to bypass pats if that is the problem or diagnosis an additonal problem.
Ian

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ian, we both (Mike 1 and myself) work at the Edgewood Jiffy Lube on Route 40, he's in at 8, I come in at 9...I'll be there til 7pm tommorow. Feel free to stop by any time if you wanna poke around...the number there is 410-676-8404 and you can ask for either Mike or Me...

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I got a final at 8am I should head down some town around 10, I'll bring a laptop, xcal-2, o'scope, and multimeter(kick ass simpson meter), data logger, and a pats override system if I can find it,

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome...you 'da man...

You'll see us...we're right on Route 40 between 152 and 24...

Look for my Black SVTF with Gold Wheels and his Silver SVTF with gunmetal wheels....

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I've driven past the 'lube and noticed the foci before. I think it is either pats or something so freaking obvious that it will cause you all pain. PATS might require plaza or v6focus

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have Jeremy's (V6) number so if we need him, we've got him. I actually thought of him as a resource today.

·
Registered
666 Posts
it's pretty much narrowed down to the ecu i think it's fried i orderd a new one hopefully it will be here in a day or two.

tom if you could answer this for me am i going to have to send you the preditor back to unlock it because currently the tune is in my ecu and it won"t let me put it back to stock because it keeps on telling me it is unable to read my vechicle what is the solution to this

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is officially something wrong with the DS Downloader prgram from Diablos site...

·
Registered
666 Posts
im going to call tom monday and he said he will do everything he can to help me out he said he is going to call diablo sport as well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts