Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the subject says...

i am thinking about either chrome or polishing my svt wheels... i wanted to see pics of your cars and your opinions. thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fokuzsport said:
so how many times are you going to post this?
it was only supposed to be once...
i hit submit and i dunno..... i changed it and there ended up being two posted....[?|]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Chrome or Polished SVT Wheels

I considered doing this (polishing is a lengthy process but with patience and ALOT of elbox grease is very cool) but decided to go with Lighter Wheels instead that already had some polish on them (sold my used wheels and tires for what it cost me for Enkei =5's and Kuhmo 712's. Good luck with it and if you have any questions about polishing I can point you in the right direction.

-Later

·
Registered
565 Posts
ummm...02SVTFOCI, ford is coming out w/ chrome SVT wheels. i dont think sancletayley was talkin bout polishing them yourself. prolly just wanted a pic of what the wheels are gonna look like.

·
Registered
425 Posts
sancletayley said:
like the subject says...

i am thinking about either chrome or polishing my svt wheels... i wanted to see pics of your cars and your opinions. thanks[thumb]
Hmmmmm.........my bad....sounded like he was considering polishing as well from his post. Oh well........so Chrome on a wheel that already weighs 21lbs without it? Polished wheels sounds a whole lot better.

-Later

·
Registered
565 Posts
ahh...perhaps i read that wrong, sry about that 02SVTFOCI. i do know they are coming out w/ chrome wheels tho. pc

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Focus SVT

I just got the wheels Arospeed REV 17x7 with Nanking tires 215/45zr/17. Big difference from the stock Continental tires that come with the car. I will add more pics when I get my body kit....let me know what you all think ??[thumb]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: need pic of polish or chrome svt wheels

02SVTFOCI said:
Hmmmmm.........my bad....sounded like he was considering polishing as well from his post. Oh well........so Chrome on a wheel that already weighs 21lbs without it? Polished wheels sounds a whole lot better.

-Later
this may come as a shock but i am not too concerned about what the wheels weigh... if i was i would not consider this and buy new rims

anyway, i think that i might chrome them....

i have been talking to a few people and they keep telling me that it is difficult to keep polished rims clean

i dunno, i have not made any decisions about anything as of yet

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do not polish your rims. I had a set of rims polished several years ago for my jetta and it was a nightmare. Everytime it rained my rims would get water spots etched on them so even after cleaning them you'll see water spots. That means that after every rainfall I would have to use a wheel polish to get the spots out....way to high maintanence for me.[thumbd]

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
woah like those rims but you need bigger brakes to fill in those bad boys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts