Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a complete stock Ford Focus, and I have around $500-1000 for performance upgrades. Im looking to increase WHP potentially, and I know its not going to be a lot, but I would like to feel the difference.

If I could get any input, and where to purchase the items, it would be greatly apprechiated.
Jukkel

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
start with an air intake,, like short ram air or cold air, then maybe a magnaflow exhaust system. should be like a 1000

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
check the marketplace lots of parts and cheap. as usual intake, headers, exhaust and tune. there are stickys for each generation. Search button is helpful as well. Welcome to the forum!

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
nitrous always has been the biggest bang for your buck and you will definitely feel it

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
^If that doesn't pan out ... SVT header and a good set of cams.

Intakes are junk, don't waste your money. It's getting the air out and allowing it enough time to work that will gain more power.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Mill the cylinder head .050ths or so and raise the compression up to about 10.3:1. Get a header, a cool air intake and then go from there.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I went on a mission to do a "budget build" and have more than $1000 in great deals with used parts, and while I can feel a difference, i would have been better off leaving everything stock and supercharging. So I recommend saving your pennies for a good jackson racing supercharger. Have seen them here for under 1000.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
178 Posts
if youre looking for exhaust get the trubendz borla. i have it and i get compliments all the time on it. even a cop pulled up next to me at a stop light and told me it sounded sweet. its a deep aggressive tone. i've heard the magnaflow one from trubendz and it sounds a little raspy and ricer... all in all i suggest a borla exhaust!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
if youre looking for exhaust get the trubendz borla. i have it and i get compliments all the time on it. even a cop pulled up next to me at a stop light and told me it sounded sweet. its a deep aggressive tone. i've heard the magnaflow one from trubendz and it sounds a little raspy and ricer... all in all i suggest a borla exhaust!
haha mine? agreed

·
Registered
689 Posts
Short of any kind of boost, the SVT header is the best "single" mod you can do to a Zetec motor...

WAIT! Your profile says you have a 2005. That would put a Duratec in your car. There is a section for that one too!

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
^If that doesn't pan out ... SVT header and a good set of cams.

Intakes are junk, don't waste your money. It's getting the air out and allowing it enough time to work that will gain more power.
Short of any kind of boost, the SVT header is the best "single" mod you can do to a Zetec motor...

WAIT! Your profile says you have a 2005. That would put a Duratec in your car. There is a section for that one too!
why does his profile say 2002 svt and he posted in the duratec section?

·
Registered
180 Posts
He has a 05 green zx4. I did my CAI, exhaust, header, cams and p&p on my 2.0L duratec for just under $1000 duckets. Any more upgraded your looking at around $600-$900 for a performance clutch/flywheel, $400-$600 for an upgraded intake manifold, Around another $800-$900 in pistons and components. And around $400 for a good tune w/ an SCT tuner or professional help. Can get pricey. Bet deff start out with the basic mod's. CAI, exhaust. You will deff notice a difference in your whip. I did at least. Good luck and welcome to FF!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts