Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i got the evo III CF hood it allows cool air to hit my SRI. was wanting to put the stock intake box back on. questions are should i keep the K&N SRI installed since weather is getting cooler? or still go ahead and put the stock box back on? also just got the CFM 67mm TB, which intake would run best with the TB?
my car is sitting waiting to get body kit put on and all i did was install the TB and havent driven the car..

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I don't know if the stock intake will fit or not, but if You go back to the box, just use a k&n drop-in filter. But I'm sure You know that. This will be My first winter with a SRI and I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works, if there are any marked improvements. I'm guessing the average SRI in the winter runs much like a CAI in 85-105 degree weather. Just a guess, though. Best bet is to do a fitment of the TB and intake, what's the worst that could come from that? Or do You not have access to the car while the body work is being done? Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I think the SRI in winter will have much lower IATs than the CAI in summer! Once the car is moving I've datalogged with my SRI on my Predator and the intake temps are usually only 10-15* higher than ambient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts