Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, Go darker

Votes: 14 77.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, according to Louisiana LRS 32.361.1 states that the legal limits of the sun screening device (window tint) on a passenger car are light transmissions of 40% for the front side windows, 25% for the rear side windows and 12% for the rear windshield.

I need some pics of focus (black foci but any will help) of all tint %.

Post your foci with the Tint specs please.

To keep it legit in Showroom, here is a pic of my foci as it sits now:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Im about to go darker on mine... it wont be legal any more.. but really IDGAF... I see so many other people w/ like limo tint on their front windows.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I voted darker, and yes I am 15% front, 5% side and back . and have had to take off the front and pay to have it placed back on, Depends on how many times you wish to take it off, and replace..

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I voted to keep it legal but I like the darker look of dark tint

My ride is 35% front %20 rear and %5 limo on the back. Which is legal in Texas
I don't like tint law sometimes but it's not worth the possible ticket if you know what I mean. That and I have giant cop magnet that SCREAMS "pull me over" on the front of my car so I try to follow all laws when possible. So far I have managed to stay Ticket free.

Also the law is written as %35 light through the window, and the window has a small amount of tint to it so that can effect the sensors for testing.

Matt you should post up a pic of your tint since it's a black FoFo.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I only have tint on the small quarter rear windows, but it is 5 and I havent gotten any hassle over it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Matt you should post up a pic of your tint since it's a black FoFo.

This is the only good one I could find.... i'm 30/20/limo... someone else may ave abetter one[poke]

·
Registered
838 Posts
I only have tint on the small quarter rear windows, but it is 5 and I havent gotten any hassle over it.
you won't in texas... texas' limit is 30 front 20 back none rear and those back quarter ones are counted as rear... i had a state trooper try to nail me for my tint and explained it to me :eek:

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
I like the look of the darker tint. I know I want to go darker, but I read the NC law won't let tint be lower than 35%. But I might just say [:)][:)][:)][:)] it lol

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matsuo, can you do me a huge favor. Sometime tomorrow post a side pic of your foci?

Also VonKrause, can you do it too?

What would you fellow FF would suggest?

Louisiana laws for tint sucks... 40% is basically nothing. I've used 35% and that sucks. I can deal with 20% rear, but I want 20% all around. My civic i used to have had 5% all around and that was in florida, but I NEVER got pulled over.

·
Godspeeding
2,008 Posts
20% around with black vinyl brow. Only stopped once, verbal warning for tint and license plate cover

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I voted to make it darker.
Go to your Doctor and see if He will make a official notice that tint is required for You.
Ive heard of people doing it here in Pa.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I voted to make it darker.
Go to your Doctor and see if He will make a official notice that tint is required for You.
Ive heard of people doing it here in Pa.
I've heard that before, me being military, they wont issue that out though. Then I'd be a pointless soldier...

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Matsuo, can you do me a huge favor. Sometime tomorrow post a side pic of your foci?

Also VonKrause, can you do it too?

What would you fellow FF would suggest?

Louisiana laws for tint sucks... 40% is basically nothing. I've used 35% and that sucks. I can deal with 20% rear, but I want 20% all around. My civic i used to have had 5% all around and that was in florida, but I NEVER got pulled over.
Here you go

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
35% doesn't look too bad...

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
While I would never officially advise you to do anything illegal I would advise you to tint it darker than legal.

It has to be a bored cop that is going to hit you with a tint ticket.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dedbent. Same wheels =/. U should change them. I had them first lol. 55% Is pointless. 35% Looks alright but I know I'll regret it. May go 30/20/15

1 - 20 of 29 Posts