Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
with the right size tires they will. they have 205/40/17 on them now. those are gonna look tiny on your car and ride pretty rough. it will also cause your speedo to be off. need to get the 215/45/17's to put on there and it will make a big difference. otherwise I do like the wheels. to bad they didn't take better care of them though. see if maybe you can haggle him down a bit more for condition.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
they would be good fixer uppers. you could run the tires that are on them. i have that size on my tires now but like kipp said you will sacrifice some ride comfort (i have coils so it wasnt a big deal for me) and your speedo will be off by about 5mph at 65 i believe.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I like them, a little work to fix them up but they look good.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would the speedo go off by so much around 65? the guy still has them and i am tempted still :) any one wanna pick these up for my bday?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm i found this guy posting on honda forums and said they were 100 and 112 but his other post says 4x108 ;(

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Like many wheels they are probably a dual drill wheel. I tried to look at the first link but it has been taken down. There are 3 major bolt patterns that the majority of cars use (yes there are more but not as popular) 4x100, 4x108 & 4x114.3 (4x4", 4x4.25" and 4x4.5")
it is entirely possible that they have a combination of two of them.
My wheels are dual drilled for 4x108 & 4x100 so as to fit more cars with less work.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Well the listing is gone, so either you picked them up or somebody else did.

Do you have enough for new wheels, if so you might try these:

They come in 4x108

17x7 28mm ET. Put some 205/45/17s on there and they would look great on a 2nd gen.

[EDIT] Just be aware that these are roughly 20mm different than any SVT wheels. It can look great, but you'll want to be lowered in order for it to look right.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Well 4x112 does not exist (which is what he posted in the link just before my first post). There is 4x114.3 or 5x112. If these are in fact 4x114.3 then these will be a definite no go even if they were free. The other pattern is definitely 4x100 if these came off a civic.

They are pretty bland anyways, IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts