Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from getting my 25k mile service, and the dealer said I need new brakes. I'm a little pissed, because the stock brakes and rotors SUCK, and shouldn't need to be replaced. There is something wrong. The dealer replaced them at 6000 miles because they were squealing, and the rotors were grooving abnormally. So, I have only put 19,000 miles on this set, so they shouldn't be that jacked. Mostly freeway miles too. I mentioned that I was pretty unhappy with the brakes, but they said there was nothing they could do. [mad]

Anyway, if I am going to fork out a grip of cash for new brakes, there's no way that I'm going to put these crappy stock ones back on. I need some advice on what to get. Looking for performance, but nothing way too soft or expensive. Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
get used to it, the focus has some of the shittest brakes there are. if you can afford to up grade to the svt brakes and that will give you many options later on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As others have mentioned, what you are going through is common. Try doing a search, I am sure you will find threads that discuss aftermarket pads and rotors. I have EBC rotors and Hawk pads. No complaints thus far...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts