Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and have been reading and joined because I just bought an 07 Focus. There's a lot of vibration when idling, and the steering wheel shakes when the car's around 65mph or so. I don't know if it shakes past that, but it doesn't shake at around 60mph. I'm attaching a picture of the top motor mount. The engine doesn't move around when you rev it, but this mount looks shot to me. When I tried to get a sample of the shiny stuff on top, not having my glasses on to see that it was dry, I used a popsicle stick, which went right through the rubber like it wasn't there.

I've read on here that I need this one definitely to be a Ford part. What about the other two? I should replace those at the same time, right, but are there reliable aftermarket replacements for those, or should I just go with Ford parts on them too? I'm not very skilled as a mechanic, but I can change brake pads and stuff like that, so this job looks within my scope, but it's not something I want to repeat any time soon.

(I'm going to be posting here a lot as I try to make sure this car is up-to-date on all its maintenance, stuff like auto transmission fluid and whatever else I figure out once I'm past this vibration thing. I'm really glad this forum is here!)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Yes sir. New Ford mounts are needed. Go to the Vendors section for a great deal.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

The mounts are easier then you might think to replace yourself. Use the Search box and you can easily find old threads and info about things for your car.

Also hit those Sticky Threads at the top of General Tech Chat area. This one is especially cool ->
Ford Focus Technical Chat Stickied Threads
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174739

Ask questions, lots of people here to help.

Edit: 3 new Ford mounts = about 200 bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts