Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i now have all my maintenance done on my focus i bought 6 months back i have my timing belt, aux drivebelt, pulleys, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, all hoses, and pcv hose and valve replaced. and my air filter for my cold air is clean. However i am still having rough idle at stop lights and when stopped, idk whats wrong at this point. However when i turn on the ac my idle goes back to normal and idles fine. Idk what to do and i am going out of town tomorrow on a at least 3 hr drive each way and dont wanna risk getting stranded. I had the charging system checked and it was supposedly fine. When i ran the on board text it showed fluctuation in the charging system between 13 and 14 though, but pep boys said the system came up ok for alt and batt. I checked all the line for leaks, and to make sure they are all attached and there ok. I know the idle is controlled by the computer on the focus, but is there anyway to adjust the idle yourself? If so where do you set it? What kind of tools do u take and how do u do it? Please lmk any way to fix this or identify the prob please. thanks

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
Your in Ca and I am sure there is a local FF member that has a xcal and would help you do a quick datalog

The xcal3 is 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping , that comes with a custom tune and FREE tune updates as you add more mods , it also will datalog and check and clear the CEL

To barrow one would be the least costly

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts