Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Son's Upper Intake Manifold blew apart during a massive engine backfire during the 2018-19 Winter Polar Vortex. We found the upper intake manifold, but now also need the lower intake, as the lower mounting bracket is damaged as well. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to locate. Also, I need direction on its Fuel Rail Removal, as I'm an older carburetor type car guy. We appreciate any help in getting his SVT back on the Road again!

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,361 Posts
To remove the fuel rail: Disconnect the battery. Remove throttle body.Remove electrical connector from the fuel rail pressure sensor. Remove the 2 vacuum lines from the damper and the sensor. Remove the 2 8mm bolts from the fuel rail. Lift up in a slight rocking motion. To disconnect at the fuel line you need a spring coupling disconnect tool. I have an extra intake. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To remove the fuel rail: Disconnect the battery. Remove throttle body.Remove electrical connector from the fuel rail pressure sensor. Remove the 2 vacuum lines from the damper and the sensor. Remove the 2 8mm bolts from the fuel rail. Lift up in a slight rocking motion. To disconnect at the fuel line you need a spring coupling disconnect tool. I have an extra intake. Send me a PM.
Hi, I'm not sure if this reply is a PM. Please verify, if not, please provide PM Method, as I'm new to this.

Thanks for your quick reply.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,361 Posts
I left a step out. You need to take needle nose pliers and remove the 4 clips that hold the wiring harness to the injectors. Then you can remove the wiring harness and swing it out of the way along with the temp sensor, cam sensor, and the idle air control valve and throttle position switch wiring. Good time to replace the battery cables while you have the intake out. It is almost impossible to change after the intake is in. A set of OEM battery cables is only $55. Also. Make sure to keep track of the knock sensor wiring. If the plug falls down behind the starter it can get stuck and it is a pain to retrieve it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Son's Upper Intake Manifold blew apart during a massive engine backfire during the 2018-19 Winter Polar Vortex. We found the upper intake manifold, but now also need the lower intake, as the lower mounting bracket is damaged as well. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to locate. Also, I need direction on its Fuel Rail Removal, as I'm an older carburetor type car guy. We appreciate any help in getting his SVT back on the Road again!
Actually, We are in desperate Need of the Upper Intake Manifold. I already purchased a Lower one last year. Does anyone have an Upper Intake available For Sale ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts