Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the motor mount insert in the mail the other day but need some installation tips/a guide from anyone that has done it... I have a lift available so keep that in mind, but just want tips on making the process as smooth as possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
When i was installing my FSwerks Race RMM, i just used some ramps on the front and made sure i had plenty of leverage when untorque and torque the bolts. When putting the mount back in i had to lubricate the mount and influence it a little bit with a mallet. Also, make sure that all holes lineup and you just slightly thread the bolts through, but with it being lubed that will be easy.

But with the Insert the process will be generally the same.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Thanks, do I have have to have the motor it self tilted or anything?
You shouldn't have to. With the RMM out its easy to wiggle the engine a bit to get stuff to line up if you have to. When I did mine I pulled off the bracket that mounts to the trans too for some extra room. Overall its a pretty easy install.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You shouldn't have to. With the RMM out its easy to wiggle the engine a bit to get stuff to line up if you have to. When I did mine I pulled off the bracket that mounts to the trans too for some extra room. Overall its a pretty easy install.
OK, since I'm just adding the insert, should I just be able to remove the bolts, pull off that trans bracket and slide it in with some grease? That simple?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Sounds like I need to do this. Are you guys happy with the purchase?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Definitely. For the price its one of the best bang for the buck mods I've done.
good to hear. i was planning on doing this and a new rear sway bar in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Just ordered mine as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered mines should be coming within a week since hard launches are my favorite......(-.-)

I bought two just incase the wear gets to it first.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
easy peasy install, takes longer to get the car up and off jack stands that it does to remove and install the insert. (well maybe not faster but pretty close, Its self explanatory once you see what your doing)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just finished the install, took about 45min using ramps.
Definitely have to remove the mount bolted to the transmission, 5 bolts in all.
The hardest one to get to is the top one on the transmission mount.
Going back together was really simple and didn't take any more than just arms strength to move stuff around to line up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just dropped the whopping $13 (including shipping) on this little bad-boy...I mean..why not right? If its too stiff and transmits too much noise/vibes I can always remove it. I have never had an issue with the way this motor mount feels but I don't gun it at every stop light..but I may now!

Edit. Do you have to use some sort of special poly-grease for this to eliminate potential squeaking?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I didn't grease mine, and no squeaking in the past 1200 miles. I dont think it will cause any noise even after wearing down a bit.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
just ordered mine! finally!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts