Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'09 SE coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined about 10 minutes ago. Got some dumb questions. I have an '09 SE coupe and I love it, I want to make some changes to make it a little different. On a budget. I'm retired. I installed a K&N filter. Some improvement. Next I'm looking at a Magna Flow cat-back system. Where to go from there? Chip? Which one? How about suspension? Shock tower braces? Sway bars? Tires and wheels, Can I easily change from 4 lug to 5? Suggestions and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check out FSWerks. Go nuts.
I wouldn’t bother changing from 4 to 5 lug. Plenty of decent options on 4x108 wheels, just check offset and center bore.
Here is mine:

·
Registered
'09 SE coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out FSWerks. Go nuts.
I wouldn’t bother changing from 4 to 5 lug. Plenty of decent options on 4x108 wheels, just check offset and center bore.
Here is mine:
Thanks, if there good tire and wheel options for 4 lug, I'll save my money. Did the new rotors improve your stopping? I think my Focus has excellent brakes. How did you change that filter? Mine was in a sealed in a plastic box. I junked all of that and installed the high performance filter under the hood. Cooper tires, do they work okay? I have a feeling my car wants to get loose in a hard turn. Thanks again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, if there good tire and wheel options for 4 lug, I'll save my money. Did the new rotors improve your stopping? I think my Focus has excellent brakes. How did you change that filter? Mine was in a sealed in a plastic box. I junked all of that and installed the high performance filter under the hood. Cooper tires, do they work okay? I have a feeling my car wants to get loose in a hard turn. Thanks again.
The rotors improved the braking for sure.
Not sure what filter you installed, the K&N factory type replacement just goes in the factory air box. There’s three or four metal clips you pop to open the lid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts