Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Flasher

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys after some of my questions being answered Ive decided to go ahead and get a tune to solve my problems. Although I don't know which way to go would be the right one for me. Cause you got the Chip or the Flasher.

http://focussport.com/chips.htm

http://focussport.com/sct_flasher.htm

So I'm asking for opinions from u guys AGAIN! to see if you and through your opinions can help me choose the best one that would suit my needs and give me the best performance.
Just in case I drive a 2002 2.0 Zetec ATX. And I would like your opinions from the people who have bought and use these. Tell me the good stuff and the bad Stuff. I made a poll so you guys can also vote on the matter.

Any info and comment are appreciated!!!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i would just go all out and get the Xcal2, its got alot of other cool features and its not all that much more considering

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I'd say the flasher , way more adjustability plus you won't have to put you car out of commision when you need to re-tune for more upgrades later on, cause you know you will[:D]
chip has to be mailed back & forth for tunes, booo! ( the down time if ya got a few modds & can't run on stock tune[;)] )
I'm gonna go a step further & sell my chip in a few days & go with the SCT PRP with a base tune to get me started[thumb]
Either way your going to love what a good tune can do for ya!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone esle got any opinions or has either of these and want to add something???

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the chip, and love it. The flasher is only good if you need to datalog, or plan on making more upgrades to your car, and might need to order new tune files.

I went with the chip, as i'm about done my engine work (might add cam gears). That, and you can switch on the fly (i've flipped between my 87 and 94 octane tunes while driving) without having to pull over, turn off the car, and flash the computer (apparently this takes a while?).

·
Registered
753 Posts
Flasher.Way more user friendly.Easy to upgrade and modify yourself.Chips will soon be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
xcal 2 is what you should be looking to man...

i think tom offers the service...

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Flasher all the way unless you want to deal with taking your ECU out sanding the rubber like material off of the place where you connect the chip to and hope you did not scrape to much b/c then you will not be able to use the chip at all.

OR

Just plug the flasher into the OBD-2 tune and drive for about 50 bucks more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts