Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Need Ideas on how to grease Swaybar Bushings

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CGREEN03SVT 
#1 ·
I have Steeda Swaybar. I greased the bushings when I installed it about 3 month ago, but now it's starting to squeak. Any ideas how to grease it without unboling it?
Thanks alot!

#3 ·
why not just unbolt it, it only takes 5 minutes...

while the brackets are off you could install a couple of grease zerks, and drilla hole through the bushing so the grease gets to the bar.

#5 ·
Well, the most obvious solution is to simply buy better bushings, that come with special grease for this application. I bought the Prothane urethane swaybar bushings for my SVT (21mm front/rears), which included a special tube of grease to use, but most importantly the inside of the bushings are 'channeled circumferentially', which helps retain the grease inside the bushing rather than it getting squished out as conventional, smooth molded urethane bushings do. I looked at the cheaper bushings available when shopping for mine, but man am I ever glad I spent a few bucks more for a quality designed product that will hold up (silently) to the abuse over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.