Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
how can I tell if I have a camshaft belt or camshaft chain?
One more thing...how can I know if there are any recalls for my Focus? (especcially that I have some issues with my fuel pump) and if there are any...as long as I'm living in Europe, Czech Republik... how can I change the recalled parts?

Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
713 Posts
The 2.0 SPI is a 'dry' engine, and has a timing belt.

And yes there are some recalls for that model & year focus.

2000-01 wagon and hatchback: In certain vehicles with folding 60/40 second seat, when the 60-percent portion is folded down and load is applied to front edge of load floor, outboard-hinge pivot could disengage.

2000-01: A switch located in the plastic cover of the wiper-motor gear case could malfunction and overheat, potentially resulting in loss of wiper function or fire.

2000-01: Cars equipped with Zetec engines may have faulty battery cables, causing a short to occur, and possibly resulting in the illumination of the check-engine light and fire. Dealer will inspect and replace affected part.

2000-01: On certain cars, bolts in the steering knuckle may become loose, resulting in vibration and eventual decrease in steering control. Dealer will inspect and tighten all loose bolts.

2000-04 four-/five-door: Build-up of corrosion at pawl pivot area of rear door latch on certain cars sold or registered in specified states can cause binding; if not latched properly, the door may open while vehicle is moving.

2001: Contanimation of fuel-filter delivery module can block fuel flow to the engine, causing stalling.

2001: Seatback recliner handle spring on some vehicles could be damaged, causing seatback to be loose or to recline unexpectedly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.