Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
how can I tell if I have a camshaft belt or camshaft chain?
One more thing...how can I know if there are any recalls for my Focus? (especcially that I have some issues with my fuel pump) and if there are any...as long as I'm living in Europe, Czech Republik... how can I change the recalled parts?

Thank you in advance,

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
you don't need to change the recalled parts, ford does the work, for free!

you have a timeing belt, i imagine thats what your asking about when you say a camshaft belt / camshaft chain. it's simple to see though, on the right hand side of the engine there's the black shroud you can just take that off and see the belt and cam gears.

as for seeing if you have recalls you can call a ford dealer and give them your vin, they can tell you.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i just replied to this in spi owners lounge...please don't double post.
The 2.0 SPI is a 'dry' engine, and has a timing belt.

And yes there are some recalls for that model & year focus.

2000-01 wagon and hatchback: In certain vehicles with folding 60/40 second seat, when the 60-percent portion is folded down and load is applied to front edge of load floor, outboard-hinge pivot could disengage.

2000-01: A switch located in the plastic cover of the wiper-motor gear case could malfunction and overheat, potentially resulting in loss of wiper function or fire.

2000-01: Cars equipped with Zetec engines may have faulty battery cables, causing a short to occur, and possibly resulting in the illumination of the check-engine light and fire. Dealer will inspect and replace affected part.

2000-01: On certain cars, bolts in the steering knuckle may become loose, resulting in vibration and eventual decrease in steering control. Dealer will inspect and tighten all loose bolts.

2000-04 four-/five-door: Build-up of corrosion at pawl pivot area of rear door latch on certain cars sold or registered in specified states can cause binding; if not latched properly, the door may open while vehicle is moving.

2001: Contanimation of fuel-filter delivery module can block fuel flow to the engine, causing stalling.

2001: Seatback recliner handle spring on some vehicles could be damaged, causing seatback to be loose or to recline unexpectedly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts