Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of starting a post over somewhat. I know a few of you gonna be like we already gave ideas.sorry Week and a half ago picked up this 2006 focus zx4. Was told it just needed a thermostat and a battery. Test drive seemed good. Figured no problem on the stat. Get home swap battery and read codes . Had 6 2 were repeat. P0128, p0171, p2195 and p2196. Looked them up , so had idea what may need done . Cleared them and then the car had hard start issues after setting over night or while at work then smoothed out after a few days. Noticed I thought it used a little bit extra on fuel. Well days off came and I changed the oil and spark plugs out. It once thru a code for misfire cylinder 2 so I swapped the 1&2 coil packs around . . I also took the air intake area apart and cleaned it cause I found oil in the acordain tube. took it out drove around some and ran fine. Went to start this and was some what rough but drove fine. Wife took it and as soon as she put it into park the rpms jumped to 5k and she had to shut it off. On the way home it starting sputtering and died. On the 3rd time she said screw it and left it. I had to put in neutral and mess with throttle to get it home. Had code p0171 and p2195 or 6. Cleared them and still ran like crap. Car idles high . Checked that screw and it is still sealed with silicone so that hasn't been adjusted. Unplugged what I thought is the iac of its the plug on throttle body by fan and now change in idle . 1k minimum, if goes lower it acts like it is about to die. I topped off fuel and ran around and seems fine but noticed that within 8-9 miles my fuel meter went down an 1/8. I have a thermostat ( 2 actually 2 a 208 with sensor and 180 with out incase one wasn't right. I have a pcv hose on order. What is going on and should I just take to shop? I thought maybe I would try to tackle the pcv and thermostat by taking off the intake manifold but have since changed my mind. Also have the up and down stream sensors if I need to change them. Sorry for the reasking and long azz post , just would like to get this figured out and prefer not to go to a shop if I can.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts