Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my ZX3 was working fine and I went to my buddies house. We decided to go out for a bit and it was working fine still but when we got back in it and tried driving back to his place there was a faint smell of burning plastic, the check engine light was flashing and the engine was shaking pretty badly. I just tried to leave his house and when I try to reverse it shuts off. Earlier this week it wouldn't start so we just charged the battery and it worked fine. Any ideas on what's going on? Are these problems related?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat.

Checking the battery terminal connections/wires might help to start with, since you recently had battery issues.

Flashing CEL is often for a major misfire situation, because the CAT would be damaged if driven far that way. Checking plug wiring/spark plugs/coil connection would be a start for that.

Code reading for exact code always helps, when possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to get the car going long enough to get it to my mechanic. There was a wire unhooked from the engine that seemed to connect to what looked like an oil pan? I'm not big car guy so I'm not sure what it was for.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Usually I was told when you see flashing check engine light, call the tow.

But did the problem go away?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts