Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the army and in training but i would like to purchase a focus this winter when im done. I would like a focus with the 2.3 liter duratech. What year model do i need to purchase to get this engine? Also jst a side note, what type of body kit is on the blue focus in the sites title bar? Anyone know?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
In Michigan, you would need an 04 with the option for the 2.3L engine. OR, if you like sedans, you can buy the 2005 ST which has the same engine, it's similar to an SVT in a sedan body, with a Duratec.

Oh and the blue Focus on the top right of every page is a European RS, they're not available here because they're cool. You can buy a couple "replica" kits that look like that car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been looking around the internet and www.focussport.com sells kits in stages with parts made by cosworth. Im pretty sure that i want to build a naturally aspirated fucus that i plan to use for autocross. Would these kits be the best option for me or should i get all the parts seperately.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In my opinion, if you have the money and it wont hurt your wallet I would go for it. To me, 230 bhp after about 3,600 is awesome and after all its Cosworth so its going to be of good quality.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
except the rs has been out of production for a while, is nothing but a factory turbo'd zetec and is god awful expensive.

By the time you get back there should be a few options besides cosworth for making a lot of power. If you plan on autocrossing though, don't even bother really modding the engine, just suspension and tires. You have to realize what various mods do to your classification. If you aren't careful you get way out of you league extremely quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts