Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2000 zx3 automatic with a AEM CAI Focus Sport Header and magnaflow exhaust i wanna know what performance parts can i put in it to make it hit a 14.0 ???

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Theres only ONE answer. A turbo kit. Since you have a auto you'll have to look at lentec i believe its spelled to beef up your trans.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Three answers NOS, Supercharger if is a zetec.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
$$$$....with a decent turbo kit, 14.0s are pretty easy. but it requires money and dedication. Your also limited by the transmission and your gonna have to upgrade it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinkin of just more bolts ons like tb intake mani and just spray a 50 shot and yea its a zetec so what do u htink is it possible i really dont wanna turbo it

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Three answers NOS, Supercharger if is a zetec.
If your going to go nos your going to have to do some internal work to hold a big enough shot safely, you may have to do work to the SC to get those times, and if you go trubo well.. Just turn the boost up if need be. What i mean is a turbo is the best bang for your dollar.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im gonna shoot a 50 shot just like that and later on ill go into the block and put everything forged and get a bigger shot

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
^^ Get it tuned to be safe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ALWAYS TUNE lol, i would recomend nitrous

People that mention nitrous get flamed alot by ingnorant people that no nothing about nitrous and say "your going to blow up!"

nitrous is not flamable!

Get a compression test before you do any heavy modding

I'm selling a 10 pound nitrous NX tank from my old set up if you want one cheap :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
u really dont need forged internals for a 50 shot. all bolts on plus 50 shot should be able to get u mid to upper 14s. PLus get a tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ALWAYS TUNE lol, i would recomend nitrous

People that mention nitrous get flamed alot by ingnorant people that no nothing about nitrous and say "your going to blow up!"

nitrous is not flamable!

Get a compression test before you do any heavy modding

I'm selling a 10 pound nitrous NX tank from my old set up if you want one cheap :)

pm me price and pics

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I'm running 14's NA @ 164 whp, so a 60 shot will put you in to the 14's. but not a 14.0, you would need around a 125 shot or so on a motor w/ stock hp ratings. and you can't do that on stock internals!! well, maybe w/ a 4 stage progressive shot, but still, not likely. only turbo or sc and maybe a lil spray w/ it!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so i as of now i have a cai headers exhaust intake mani tb and i just bought a nitrous kit off my friend and its already installed with a 75 shot ... will be timing it on thursday so well see how it does

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
^^uh your motor wont last long... I wouldnt go more than a 30 w/o a tune and even then.....

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Oh and not to mention your stock trans. you will kill that. its an auto!! it says its a 75 but most times it actually gives you more.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
there are a few people on here that run 75 shots consistantly w/o any engine problems(prolly tuned tho), beyond that u will need some internals. But the tranny wont hold up for too long esp with and auto. There are a bunch of people im one that have turbos with stock internals. My turbo yeilds 75 whp or more and my engine runs great, howver my auto trans is shittin the bed, lol.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so my frined is the owner of the local track here and last night he opened it up to get sum times on his cars and i went . i timed mine and i hit a 14.2 with a 2.2 60 ft and a .505 reaction time what do u guys think is this good or nah

1 - 20 of 47 Posts