Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ima need the muffler to come out with the rear bumper that im getting, any suggestions? or just leave it?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Just cut the lunchbox out, and get a piece of tubing bent the correct way to it comes out right where it's supposed to in the new bumper.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
^^^ Yep, and it'll sound better too. Here's a link to a "HOW TO" on removing the lunch box. If you're not getting a new exhaust anytime soon I would recommend having a shop bend you a new pipe instead of using the flex pipe used in the "how to".

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
If your not too worried about emmisions regulations then you could explore the option of using a dump, which is when you end the exhaust in a 90# bend that points it directly at the ground below the car and is not visable from the outside unless you get down and peek underneath. Very popular with V8 guys.
Otherwise you're either going to have have a shop bend you a new pipe to line the tailpipe up with the hole, or do it yourself. Also, if you only have one bank of cylinders, you should only have one tailpipe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your not too worried about emmisions regulations then you could explore the option of using a dump, which is when you end the exhaust in a 90# bend that points it directly at the ground below the car and is not visable from the outside unless you get down and peek underneath. Very popular with V8 guys.
Otherwise you're either going to have have a shop bend you a new pipe to line the tailpipe up with the hole, or do it yourself. Also, if you only have one bank of cylinders, you should only have one tailpipe.

that is what i was trying to say a dump!

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so ima have to take a dump..lol so will i gain/lose hp? exhaust will sound_____???

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
My car had a fart can coming out the dead center when I bought it and I chopped it off with a sawzall then went to an exhaust shop out in hickville and he cut the pipe where it comes out from above the suspension, made a new pipe that brought it over to where it should be, and welded on the tip I brought with me for 20 bucks. I would hack it off at the rear suspension and drive it around for a few days and if you like the sound look in the phone book for the most redneck sounding exhaust shop and go there (the place I went to was called Smitty's Muffler Shop).

Oh and when you chop it of you can send me the tip [thumb]

here's my ex-suhWEET exhaust

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^^HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHH!!!H

*breathe*

HAHAHHAHA!!! OMG that was messed up lol. Jesus who thought that one up?

Get it bent with a nice tip cheap man.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
thanks man, sorry for jacking your thread lol but in the first pic of the "new" exhaust is what the guy made me. It goes from the tip to the pipe at the suspension and is an S shape...took him like 5 minutes to make. Good luck with it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts