Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls, I am a wheel/tire newb so excuse my ignorance. First question: Has anyone had any experience with Kazera wheels????? I like a wheel and I want to see if they are any good and if they will fit well. Here are the specs:

Kazera KZ-V
Light Grey Painted
18x7, +45mm offset, 19.0 lbs
4-108 bolt pattern
Low-Pressure cast, shot peened
$154.00 each

2nd question (tire choice): Which tire size should I be running with these? Will a 225/35/18 tire fit on a 7" wide rim??? Will it rub inside the fender????

I drive a 03 CD Silver SVT with a stock suspension (but I might drop it very minimally in the future).

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i thought the 225's were to wide, nice rims though, and the vogtland springs are good for a small drop on the svt and great ride, search my user name and you can see what it looks like with the springs

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
with the 18's it will most likely rub. if you wanted to not rub and still be able to drop, you prolly wanna go with 17's. i know it's hard since you already have 17's, but if you don't want to rub, 225/18 isn't the way to go.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Will a 225/35/18 tire fit on a 7" wide rim???
Yes.
But, the recommended rim width for that size is 7.5-9".
That's going to be a tough mount for the shop (35 series) on 7" wheels.
Make sure you talk with whomever is doing the installation first, before deciding on that combo.

Will it rub inside the fender????
Inside (towards the strut) most likely no.
Outside (towards the fender lip), it will be close with that offset,
but you should be OK on the stock springs.

I have Kazera KZ-V wheels (16") for my winter setup.
Love em. [;)]

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have Kazera KZ-S 17x7 wheels and I love them. I highly recommend Kazera. They are also shot-peened for extra strength.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only wanted to know about the 225's since I was thinking that a larger contact path would be better for handling, but if its that close, it will probably detrimental to it.

I'm looking for a good handling setup, but I like the look of 18's (and at 19 lbs, they look relatively light). So if I put a 215/40/18 tire on, will i have any issues????

WD, you said that it might be close with the 45mm offset to the outside fender. Will the wheel/tire stick out the side??? I would like for the wheel to be flush with the fender and I would hate if they stick out.

Thanks,

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, if I decide to lower it later (w/ 18" rim), can't I just roll out the fenders a bit if it rubs????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rubbing

You can run a 18x7.5 with a 215x40x18 or a 205x35x18 without rubbing. I have a 1.5 drop with 18x7.5 and it is not even close to rubbing. I am thinking of going to 19" because I have the room.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The little extra width will not prove that much valuable in terms of performance versus the problems that will likely result for a street driven car. I recommend that you stay with a 17" wheel and a 215 max cross section width. Keep that rotating mass as light as possible and as close to the hub as possible.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
WD, you said that it might be close with the 45mm offset to the outside fender.
Will the wheel/tire stick out the side???

Won't stick out, but it'll be dang close.
The stock 215s on a 49mm offset are about 1/2" inboard of the fender edge.
Your listed combo, will have the outside of the tire 10mm closer to the fender.
10mm = .394"

can't I just roll out the fenders a bit if it rubs????
There's really not much fender to roll...maybe 1/4" max.

Geezer said:
The little extra width will not prove that much valuable in terms of performance versus the problems that will likely result for a street driven car. I recommend that you stay with a 17" wheel and a 215 max cross section width. Keep that rotating mass as light as possible and as close to the hub as possible.
^^^ Frankly, I whole-heartedly agree with the above statement...[werd]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Rubbing

HOTCOPPER said:
You can run a 18x7.5 with a 215x40x18 or a 205x35x18 without rubbing. I have a 1.5 drop with 18x7.5 and it is not even close to rubbing. I am thinking of going to 19" because I have the room.
What is the offset of your wheels?????

I saw your pics and it looks good to me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WD, did you have any issues with alignment or wheel vibration with your Kazeras?????? I read here somewhere that the Focus is very sensitive to any changes in the front suspension, including aftermarket wheels.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have 215-40-17 on mine with the sportlines and i dont have any rubbing issues. And when i park in my driveway, the rear left tire sits pretty much tucked in the well (maybe a 1/4") and i dont feel much of a gap between the tire and wheel well, maybe less than a 1/4", if that. So i would imagine a 225 tire on an 18" rim would be damn close if your lowered any...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts