Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all of the bolts removed and all other connecting stuff, but damnnnnn that thing does not want to come off. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed thanks. Rick[8]

·
Registered
732 Posts
You need to remove the timing belt cover if you didn't. It's the cover that goes over the cam gears. There are 4 bolts. Then remove it to one side to permit removal of valve cover. You can't remove the whole thing because the engine/transmission right hand mounting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all the cam gear bolts out, do i have to remove the cam cover completely to get the valve cover off.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Actually, it will be hard to completly remove the cam gear cover because the transmission/engine right hand mounting restricts it but you can remove it to one side to permit removal of valve cover

·
Registered
525 Posts
don't mean to insult you...but did you remove the spark plug boots? Because if you have the upper front cover off and the spark boots off and all the bolts from the cam cover, it should come off easy...there are quite a few bolts on that cam cover, so double check that you got them all.

·
Registered
793 Posts
just pull the cover to the right, i took mine off without touching the timing cover

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had all the bolts out, just needed to be a little more forceful with it. Not the first time i have taken off a valve cover, just the first time on this car and it was on there pretty tight.

·
Registered
697 Posts
was sucked and sealed tight, due to your friendly engine lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts