Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help! I own a 2000 Focus ZTS with about 101,000 miles. My check engine light came on a few weeks ago, so I took it to Autozone and they told me that my throttle position sensor was out of range. I bought a new one and installed it myself, but the car is still running funny. It feels like it’s going to die. I checked for the codes myself and it’s still saying that the TPS is out of range and the 1 circuit switch is low and 1 high. It is now giving me three error codes. I’ve never really had any problems with it before other than some minor recalls. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix the problem without having to take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you have it on wrong most likely. You probably don't have it lined up correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will remove it and re-install it making sure it is on properly. Diagram looks very useful. I have a performance in-take, will that make a difference?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
your intake shouldn't make your tps go... you have a 2000.. your tps sensor could just be bad. they aren't expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts