Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wodering if it is hard to do it yourself tint i want tinted windows but dont wanna spend a gagilian $ to do it so was wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to tint windows

·
Jetsetter
6,650 Posts
yinting your windows is easy, doing it right and making it look good VERY HARD! ive seen ppl tint them by themselves they do an so so job and in a few months it starts to peel off and get air bubles because they dident do it right. I paid $250 to get mine done yeah very expensive but worth it, it took over 3 hours and looks awesome and i have a lifetime gaurentee on it so if ANYTHING ever happens it it its fixed free of charge, you can do it yourself but chances are youll run into problems, save the $$$ and get it done right! i think everyone on here will agree with me on this.

looks great!

·
Registered
248 Posts
damn you paid 250 for tint.....wow....i only paid 75 for mine with life time guarantee..it was at a local flee market though..hehe..hey 7 months later no bubbles or fading...cant complain

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
do it urself, and itll be less expesive and probably cost you between 25-50 bucks. Then you can add on how much you will swear and scream, and throw things and get pissed off. Then after hours and hours youll have it somewhat done. Then youll stand back, say it doesnt look so bad, then a second later youll be like it looks like shit and either rip it all off, which will take another few hours or say youll live with it. Then later itll start coming off by itself and the cursing will begin again and your head will wanna explode. Save your money, and save yourself the aggravation and get it done right. Most places will charge between 150-250 dollars, i got mine done for 200 and that included a windshield strip. Most come with a warrenty as well.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Both your cars look great! Tinting is one of the things I'd always leave up to someone who does it day in and out...we've all seen some pretty horrible DIY jobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts