Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 ZX3. I been having problems with the car stalling at stop signs when coming from highway speed, 55 to 65. I have a Marcy cold air intake with a 2.5" true bendz exhaust. The car had had a ecu reflash from the dealership to help cure a hard starting problem. The dealership wants me to take off the cold air intake to see if that is the problem. Has anyone else been having this problem? Any ideas on how to fix the problem? How would a cold air intake cause this problem. I love my cold air intake and really don't want to remove it and go back in power. [?|] [?|] Please help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah sounds like the maf sensor is crapping out,or there is air getting past the maf.

·
Registered
864 Posts
yep, i had that problem.

i took off my intake and put on my stock and it fixed it.
then 2 months later, i put my mm cai back on and never had the problem again.

personally my suggestion to you before you put the entire stocker back on, is take the entire cai system off, and take it apart so its in its peiced form, like when you got it from mm.
then put it back together, making 100% sure that all off the connections are tight, and you have all of the clamps as tight as they can be.

i finally figured out that my intake was leaking air in where the cai goes onto the throttle body, that peice of rubber or what ever it is was bending a little from the weight of the cai and leaking air.

also make sure it is firmly attached to the body, so the entire weight of the cai is not resting on the throttle body. mine wouldnt hook up to the body rights, so i got a bungy cord from walmart and bungied it down by the filter so the bungie had most of the weight.

try that, and if it still happens, go back to stock

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
the problem is, some maf from the factory suck balls. so pop the stockie on, take it in, get a new maf, and put the other intake on.

also with my intake i got a lot of dirt on my maf.

·
Registered
469 Posts
like magic2119 said make sure all of your connections and nice and tight. that is probably your problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts