Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
They dont stay on, The switch that makes them go from Green/Blue put the switch in the middle thats "off" I thought the same thing until I accidently put it in the center!

-Shawn

·
Registered
847 Posts
XxDRIVERxX said:
They dont stay on, The switch that makes them go from Green/Blue put the switch in the middle thats "off" I thought the same thing until I accidently put it in the center!

-Shawn
I'll have to look at mine again... but I did not see "off".

If you hook the power up to the running lights (parking) then you don't have to turn them on and off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i ended up tapping into my parking lights up by my head light switch and they work great i really love the new look it gives my dash

·
Registered
877 Posts
eggyolk said:
I'll have to look at mine again... but I did not see "off".

If you hook the power up to the running lights (parking) then you don't have to turn them on and off.
Yeah, Its not labeled at off you just stick it in the center and they turn off.. Sorry I caused some confusion and trouble.

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
not all have the "off" option. mine didn't. i tapped my juice from the headlight switch, that way it only comes on when my headlights are on. the wire was easy to find bc the dealer already tapped into it once when they installed my alarm.

Mike

·
Registered
877 Posts
whiteboyslo said:
not all have the "off" option. mine didn't. i tapped my juice from the headlight switch, that way it only comes on when my headlights are on. the wire was easy to find bc the dealer already tapped into it once when they installed my alarm.

Mike
Oops.. Didnt know that, Sorry guys.
-Shawn

·
Registered
25 Posts
I DID remove the needles from the instrument panel. Now how do I re-calibrate them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
847 Posts
use the dealer test mode, run a search on it

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do I run a search on it? And a question specifically to eggyolk, I also have a 03' ZX3 PZEV and I was thinking of purchasing FocusSport's Cool-Flo Intake and Exhaust. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
k, i know i've explained this before, but i can't find it, so here we go:

1) fuel gauge: go fill the tank. now you know the guage should be on "full," right? so stick it on full

2) temp: most focii that i know of have the temp. needle straight up at operating temp. so just go for a nice drive, and stick it vertical.

3) tach: put the digital readout in "test" mode (i'll explain this at the bottom of this post). scan through your options until you get to the tach. raise the RPMs until you get a reading you can find easily on the tach (i.e. multiples of 1000). now just stick the needle on to match the tach. this may take a couple of tries, so be patient. NOTE: IT WILL NOT WORK TO JUST STICK THE NEEDLE AT "0" WHEN THE CAR IS OFF. DON'T ASK ME WHY, IT JUST DOESN'T.

4) speedo: find a nice stretch of road that will allow you to concentrate more on your speedo. if you have cruise control, it will help a lot. again, set the digital readout to "test" mode. find the readout for MPH or KPH, whichever you prefer. get the car at a consistent speed that you can easily find on the speedo (just like you did for the tach). stick on the needle and you're done. again, this is difficult (esp. without cruise control), so take your time and be patient.

Mike

·
Registered
847 Posts
bradley said:
How do I run a search on it? And a question specifically to eggyolk, I also have a 03' ZX3 PZEV and I was thinking of purchasing FocusSport's Cool-Flo Intake and Exhaust. Is it worth it?
FocusSport does excellent work on their parts, I would highly reccomend it. You will lose your 2nd cat though just so you know. All that means is 4 years from now you might have to deal with a new exhaust or weld a cat in.

The HP/Torque gains are awesome with the intake, and the exhaust adds a bit more and a nice tone which is more quiet than the intake.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
yea you just put the needle stops out, but for the trip reset button you will take the 3 screws out of the front of the face and pull them off. and then you will see that the trip reset button has to be squeezed together in order to pull it out

·
Registered
847 Posts
Huh?

Ok the PZEV cluster has no needle stops, and there is no reason to take them or the trip reset button off.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts