Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my clutch has been slipping for some time now and soon i will be ordering a new clutch and flywheel. Problem is i never changed one out on a SVT before so wonderin if anyone could help or knew someone who could. I dont mind paying someone for their time. Im in lower De and could drive to wherever get it replaced its just slippin for now. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm in the same boat you are...been slipping like a mofo for about a month now, but I've been too broke to fix it.

I'm not sure how much help it'll be for you, but I've got a friend of a friend who works at a transmission shop. I haven't called him up yet, but if I end up going with him I'll let you know if the work/prices were reasonable. Might be too far for you to travel (I'm actually not even sure where the shop is, but it's somewhere in the general Baltimore area), but I'll post up the info anyway, regardless of where I get it done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its not really that hard to change a clutch...hell i done had my motor out 2 times and changed flywheel and clutch....not goin to say its easy to manageable....if ur doing it urself as i did

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks on the info i think me and a friend are gonna do it we swapped motors and trannys but all been hondas so shouldnt be too hard.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I can do it if you like, doing one right now. Spec 3 clutch disk rivets sheared with only 2000 miles. I'm at 08527, I have a shop and lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts