Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2003 ZX3 and have just installed Tein STech springs about 3 months ago. Lately, everytime I drive my car, especially at lower speeds and when I turn the steering wheel, I hear like a rattling noise. i have no clue what it is, I checked under the hood to see if maybe the strut tower nuts are loose but they are tight and I have no loose items under the hood. The only thing I can think of is that I blew a strut ( i am still on stock shock/struts ) or that something else isn't bolted up right. The sound seemsto be coming from the drivers side wheel well. I heard that some noise is to be expected with lowering springs, but I was just wondering if some of ya'll with lowered Foci have had this problem. I am planning on getting the Eibach struts/shocks combo soon, but if they will resolve the noise I'll order them next week. Any solutions anyone??

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you are riding those spings on the stock shocks and struts that will cause the problem
I have eibach sportlines on the stock struts and they creek like a punk when slowing
down and making a turn at the same time.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bushings?

What about the bushings?
And yes, on my stock struts and shocks, I really only hear the noise at low speeds and when I turn the wheel. Would this sound go away with perfomance springs and struts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the same problem with my Tein-S springs. I have tein springs and KYB AGX shocks and struts. As you stated before its only when I am going at a low rate of speed, on a really bad road can i hear it, and it does come from the drivers side. Took it back to the shop who did my install and they looked over thing and found no issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts