Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah I was wondering if I could get some assistance please! [wave] I need help finding a deal on some OEM parts.

So I need to get my hands on a passenger side A arm and a steering rack for now....hopefully that's all! [histerical] I will post up the pictures of the carrnage here shortly. So does anyone have some suggestions on where to find these parts at resonable price? Also I would like to get the part numbers too, I have been out of the loop for a while and I'm a little unsure how to get these part number, and where to find them at a price where I won't get abused!?[clap] Any help would be greatly appreciated! [clap]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Try PMing B16 in the Hillbish Ford Forum.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help bro. After further review, I might just need a lower ball joint and an inner tie rod, which would save me time and money. The way the lower ball joint is pressed into the a-arm I didn't thin it could be replaced but I found out the replacements ball joint can be bolted up and the old one can be cut out! Who would of thunk...eh. Then I guess I will have to get a tool and replace the inner tie rod, much easier that the whole rack yo![thumb] At least I hope!?[paranoid]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Who would of thunk...eh
LOL where are you from? [hihi]

Yeah, B16sir1991 works at Hilbish Ford in North Carolina. He can get you parts at dealer cost or something like that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some of the pictures of the damage people! [mecry]

[vommit] You can see where the lower ball joint was grinding on the rotor, which basically stopped me in my tracks. You can also see where the axle has bee shoved in as well! Somehow this also made my thermostat housing leak at the plug, so I hope a new o-ring will stop the leak?

Moral of the story, don't try to jump curbs in the focus.....the curb will always win![scratch]

I just hope the trans-axle didn't take on any of the damage as well? I guess we will soon find out! Needless to say that my rim is beat up pretty bad, but I was getting ready to get new ones anyhow!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanna give a big thanks to SVT_ME for the help on the o-ring for the thrmostat plug![cheers] Was very helpful with a quick delivery and fast response times on PM's

Also wanna thank C-F-M once again for coming through with some rims![thumb] Quick delivery as well and great parts as always!

Needless to say it took me about a week to get the focus rolling again, I had a local buddy help me out with some parts and some peace of mind to help me get the focus rolling again. I ended up going with moog parts...inner/outer tie rods and lower ball joint. It was fairly simple other than the rivits on the control arm...had to have my buddy cut/drill them out. Getting those parts on allowed me to get the car moving again. Got some new pads and rotors as well, due to the chewed up rotor. After the installation of those parts I had a slight shimmy from the rim being tore up, so I got new wheels and tires. Went ahead and got an alignment as well and all is fine! I was afraid that I might have other issues, but not so much.

This SVT focus has been a real trooper for me over the last 6 years![thumb] They are built to run and needless to say mine takes a lickin and keeps on tickin! [unsure]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts