Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. So I have a 2012 Focus Titanium that I bought last June with no issues. Around December it began to show the "stutter" and other problems that seem to be characteristic of the Focus transmission. After swapping the engine with a 2016 Focus that had a transmission that was supposed to have been fixed by Ford, my car has been displaying a "Transmission hot please pull over safely" message for the last few months. I've read that this issue is normally in stop and go or uphill traffic but this only happens to me when I'm at highway speeds (up to speed and not shifting at all, I don't use the "S" gear) and has been happening while the ambient temperature while driving is also very low. The car asks me to pull over for 5 minutes but the car is totally fine once I've come to a complete stop. I also looked at the transmission right after the warning popped up and it was stone cold. I've changed the sensors, TCM, clutch, seals and about anything that is in the transmission and the issue persists. At this point I'm sure it has something to do with the algorithm that calculates the temperature but I'm not sure how to go about fixing the issue as the computer is running the latest version. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this overheat warning while at highway speeds and how they fixed it (if they were able to). Thank you in advance for anyone that has some advice, any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first post so let me know if there's any info that I need to add.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts