Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running the eibach pro-line kit and im creepin up on 50k and the front end is starting to creak and the focus handles like a big ol' impala so i need some higher performace shocks but within reason b/c im kinda broke lol. I was looking at some tockio shocks but I was reading somewhere that they ride really rough. The roads here in chattanooga are really bad and if i have people in the back the car bottoms out and going into a turn i hold my breath so hoping that new shocks will help me take those corners better

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Kyb agx's are adjustable and not too pricey.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U may be bottoming out cause of the spring rate of the springs vs the amount of drop they are. U need to consider that also

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If you car is acting like a pogo stick that's a pretty good indication the shocks are gone. The cheapest shock/strut that can probably do the job are FRPP units (Eibach Pros springs are not shorter nor appear to be any stiffer than FRPP 1.5" drop springs). Another option, but a little more expensive, may be Koni Strt's.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
As long as those Eibach springs are close to the FRPP ones I say go with the FRPP dampers. it sucks that us '08 + guys are limited on shock selection.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys ill check into that. I know that theres other reasons 2 the car bottoms out and i just need something that will give me better handling esp in corners. A lot of guys here say my car needs 2 b lowered but its low enough for me and the roads here are freak aweful. I figured might as well get new shocks along with tires while i am at it. Something that is not that jarring but will hold up nicely. Plus with this suspension rides a lil firmer but nice ride and i can run a lil larger tire setup bc my 35 series i bent all 4 rims bc the tires were so skinny and imo the beefier tires look better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts