Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
AKA KILLA XB
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i dont have a saleen focus but i have a 05 focus ses, but anyway i just bought a saleen wing off of docsmith1 and i love it. i knew when i bought it, it wouldnt come with hardware. he is going to draw up how to do it. Also i need help on how to wire up the 3rd brake light. So if anyone can help, that would be great and i know docsmith1 will help but the more the people the more input. So if anyone can post close ups on the wing so i can see how to put it on, that would be great. also a close where i wire up the 3rd brake light would be great to.
Here the pics of the wing and i might keep it black because i have black projectors,about to nite shade my 3rd brake and the tails, black st grill and the fogs are black.

Here are pics of my car:

Thanks

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I think it would look pretty descent in black actually. I say get it on there for now and see how it looks. I know that the wing has clamps and clamps down onto the window basically. I believe there's two on each side. I'm sure you can get the hardware through ford.

Wiring the 3rd brake light should be fairly simple, especially if you already have one. You would probably have to run the wires somewhere into the roof and I would take out the 3rd brake light and simply splice into those wires (if you want both, or just cut the wires off of the original brake light and just hook up the spoiler brake light to the factory wires). One suggestion for running the wires through the roof would be to take out the original brake light, then tape the wires to the spoiler brake light onto a hanger and fish them through the opening.

Are you needing help with getting the exterior pillars off?

I like that wing though.

Also, I would paint or powdercoat your fuel door black as well. Can you say awesomeness? lol

·
AKA KILLA XB
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im trying to get svt glossy pilliars. But it didnt came with the hardware. I would like both 3rd brake. Thanks man and i think it will look good. Im also thinking about getting my wheels powder coated black when i get my winter wheels on.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Nice doug, i like it. I am curious to see it on a zx5. glad its yours.

·
AKA KILLA XB
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got done nite shading the 3rd brake light on the wing:

now all i need to do is nite shade my tails and 3rd brake cover. also i need the hardware to put it on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So do you think you could get it done by saturday? Id love to see it at the meet

·
AKA KILLA XB
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Badnews, Just got off the phone with saleen and they dont carry anything for the focus anymore so there is no way i can get the hardware from them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That sucks... Well time to fab your own, any one have pics of what the hardware looks like?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
If one was quite clever, you could always fab a few metal brackets and bolt them on the top and then cover it with an SVT wing (assuming it'd still fit).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Those look easy enuf to make, if you can find the dimensions for them I could make you a set

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well almost found you a set today. Called around in the network and found a place that listed it in inventory... But was nowhere to be found in stock. [:(]

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had the Saleen wing on my ZX3, but decided I didnt like it anymore and took it off. Mine was held on by 2 bolts at the top and was stuck on the glass with double-sided sticky tape.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts