Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just bought 2 new Type R Gauges...one is oil pressure and the other is the digital tach. it has instructions but im a noob at really installing these and i dont have my owners manual about the fuses. So....for the tachometer it says one of the wires needs to be hooked to the "ignition switch circuit" and another wires goes to the "car's tachometer signal source". The final one is the wire for the dimmer. how can i hook this up to the lights switch? now i do not know where any of those are or what they look like haha so some help would be greatly appreciated there.

and finally im pretty much clueless about the oil pressure gauge and where the sending unit goes so that would be greatly appreciated as well =] thank you!

·
Registered
259 Posts
ignition wire is green/yellow at ignition harness coming from steering column. gonna be the large wires coming from the column. dimmer is orange/black at light switch harness coming from the switch. for the tach signal, ive been told you need to get a tach driver. as far as the oil pressure guage, im useless!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is your oil pressure gauge mechanical or electric? If it is mechanical theres a real easy place to connect to right behind the ignition coil... http://myfordfocus.com/how-to/oilgauge.htm and if it is electrical i mounted mine where the stock sensor was and just used a copper nipple/tee and placed the stock sensor on the top and my sendor on the bottom of the tee. It was kind of a pain doing it, but it works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts