Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took apart my focus because I had a drop seat that fell and was destroying the motor so I took it apart and put in a new cylinder head. Not I've put everything back together except for the vacuum hoses. Can someone please help me. A diagram won't work I've already tried. I'll take a picture so you guys no what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That shows 5 connections. I have 6 connections. The more I look at this the more confused I get. It's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
16,028 Posts
Forget that for a moment. There are a couple of bigger hoses that has at least one and maybe two go back on the intake manifold, if that one vacuum hose gets swapped with a water hose which goes somewhere close too you will fill the engine up with water and destroy it instantly when you crank the starter on it. You need to be sure of which one you have where, a common mistake that tears the rebuild up quick.

Same thing can happen if the intake was not WELL cleaned, pieces of the blowup get stuck deep in the intake and then come out again at engine running and instant damage.

·
Registered
16,028 Posts
Blue is likely manifold source, pink is EGR solenoid and green EGR valve. leaving yellow and red for something else, one will go to the vapor management valve on passenger side firewall. Leaving one left for you to figure out.

·
Registered
16,028 Posts

The hoses that get mixed up to get water in engine.

If you look at the pic close enough, that looks like the three junction blue colored vacuum hose group for the manifold source, laying lower behind the water and bigger vacuum hoses there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts